TEL: 020 800 40 999 07834 583871
5 Grovelands, Park Street, St Albans, Herts. AL2 2RF
VAT Registration No: 130 6260 54
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything from us and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that in most cases, you can cancel within 14 days. As our services are either provided on the same day or within 2 working days, the cancellation period is 12 hours for pre-booked appointments . If the appointment is booked on the same day that you contact us, there is no cancellation period. Once you agree to our terms and conditions, the service will start immediately, you may be charged for the service you have used up until your cancellation.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- you can ask us to repeat or fix the service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it
- if a price hasn’t been agreed upfront, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable
- if a time hasn’t been agreed upfront, it must be carried out within a reasonable time
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit
www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities
- our legal rights and responsibilities, and
- certain key information required by law
These written terms and conditions are used for when you and we enter into a contract to provide our services in your house or work premises. If this is not the case for you, please tell us, so that we can give you a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Property 247 Solutions, or a representative of the company and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying services from us
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please speak with our representative or contact us by:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and;
- telephone: 020 800 40 999 or 07834 583871. If you have a hearing or speech impediment you can
contact us by text message on 07834 583871. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this contract in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
Who are we?
We are Property 247 Solutions, offices based at 5 Grovelands, Park Street, St Albans, Herts, AL2 2RF.
• registered in the following trade register: Gas Safety Register. Gas Safe number: 561121
- 1.1 If you buy services from us you agree to be legally bound by this contract. If you do not agree with any of the terms in this contract, you will not be allowed to buy any services.
- 1.2 You may only buy services from us for non-business reasons under these terms and conditions. If you are buying any services from us for business reasons, please speak to our representative.
- 1.3 When buying any services you also agree to be legally bound by:
- 1.3.1 extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you one month’s notice. You can end this contract at any time by giving one month’s notice if we tell you extra terms apply.
All these documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
2 Information we give you
2.1 By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see the summary box below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Typically, our representative will give you this information on paper before you buy the services from us. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy (see clause 12).
Information we will give you
We will give you information on:
the main characteristics of the services you want to buy
who we are, where we are based and how you can contact us
the total price of the services including any taxes (or where this cannot reasonably be worked out in advance, the manner in which we will work out the price)
the arrangements for payment, carrying out the services and the time by which we will carry out the services
how to exercise your right to cancel the contract and the costs of doing so
2.2 The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
2.3 If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
3 Ordering services from us
- 3.1 Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made:
- 3.1.1 Any quotation given by us before you make an order for services is not a binding offer by us to supply such services.
- 3.1.2 When you decide to place an order for services with us, this is when you offer to buy such services from us or agree to the quotation/estimate provided.
- 3.1.3 When you place your order with our representative, he or she will acknowledge it in person when they arrive at your premises, or if this is not possible, by telephone or by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- 3.1.4 We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. If we do this, we will try to tell you promptly why we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- (a) we cannot carry out the services (this may be because, for example, we have a shortage of staff)
- (b) we cannot authorise your payment
- (c) you are not allowed to buy the services from us
- (d) we are not allowed to sell the services to you
- (e) there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the services
- 3.1.5 We will only accept your order when our representative confirms this to you in person or by telephone or we will email you to confirm this (Confirmation E-mail). At this point:
- (a) a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us, and
- (b) we will start to carry out the services in the way you and we have agreed
- 3.2 If you are under the age of 18 you may be able to buy any services from us. You may not be able to buy certain services because you are too young.
4 Carrying out of the services
- 4.1 We must carry out the services by the time or within the period which you and we agree (either with our representative or in writing). If you and we have agreed no time or period, this will be within a reasonable time.
- 4.2 Our carrying out of the services might be affected by events beyond our reasonable control. If so, there might be a delay before we can restart the services, having made reasonable efforts to limit the effect of any of those events and having kept you informed of the circumstances, but we will try to restart the services as soon as those events have been fixed. Examples of events which might be beyond our reasonable control include:
- 4.2.1 you change the services (and this means we have to do extra work or wait for extra materials)
- 4.2.2 we have to wait for your other providers to complete their work before we are able to carry out the services
- 4.2.3 materials are not delivered at the time agreed with the supplier of the materials (and we cannot obtain a replacement within a reasonable time or the price charged by a supplier is much higher than the original charge)
- 4.2.4 we cannot access the site at the times we agreed with you
4.2.5 you have not prepared the site in the way we agreed with you
- 4.2.6 There is furniture or equipment in front of the area which needs to be removed before any work can be carried out
- 4.2.7 We have an emergency call out appointment which means that we will have to reschedule the pre-booked appointment
- 4.2.8 poor weather conditions
- 4.2.9 Poor traffic conditions
- 4.3 When we carry out the services, we might not have all of the materials we need. This might be for a number of reasons, such as:
- 4.3.1 we have not provided an estimate to you and cannot work out what materials are necessary until we start carrying out the services
- 4.3.2 where we have provided an estimate, it might not have been possible to work out what materials we needed at the time we provided the estimate to you and this might only be revealed when we start carrying out the services
- 4.3.3 whether or not we have provided an estimate, the condition of an item or the area where the services are being carried out might become apparent only when we start carrying out the services and it might not have been possible to establish it until that point
- 4.4 If we need to purchase extra materials, we will buy them from a local supplier , where possible. If we cannot do this:
- 4.4.1 we will order them from elsewhere (our regular supplier) and return later to continue to carry out the services
- 4.4.2 we may charge you for any travel time at our standard scale of charges in force at the time of your order up to a maximum of 2 hours We will let you know if we intend to do this
- 4.5. We cannot guarantee on the initial consultation that the gas pipe work will be adequate for your needs. This will be ascertained at the time of the install, unless the estimate includes a new gas run.
5 Charges and payment
- 5.1 We will let you know the basis of calculating the charges for the services and related goods (and any extra charges such as delivery charges) to the fullest extent we can when you place an order with us.
- 5.2 We charge for our services on an estimates basis. This will be based on our best guess, from our experience, on how much our services will cost. If we can and you ask us for it, we will let you have a number of estimates (e.g. best case scenario, worst case scenario and likely scenario). We may charge you a lower or higher amount than stated in the estimate. Where we charge you a higher amount, this might occur for a number of reasons, in particular, if what you need us to do changes, or the amount of services you need us to carry out increases or is different from what we and you agreed before we started carrying out the services; or when we carry out the services, it becomes clear the extent of services we will need to carry out is different from what we agreed before we started carrying out the services and we could not have reasonably foreseen this. We provide estimates only, and do not give quotations or binding indications of how much we will charge.
- 5.3 Occasionally, we will not provide you with an estimate and will carry out the work on an hourly rate basis. You will be charged in full hours, therefore you will be charged for a full hour even if the work took less than one hour to carry out. The hourly rates differ depending on the location of the work.
- 5.4 Your invoice will show the dates when the services were carried out and other key information. Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want any further information on your bill or have a query on it.
- 5.5 We accept cash, credit and debit cards. If making payment by bank transfer (BACS), please put your invoice number as the reference. We may not be able to allocate the payment if the invoice number is not stated.
- 5.6 Any credit or debit card supplied at the time of booking, will be charged upon completion of works. Invoices, where approved, by the company, will be emailed upon completion of works.
- 5.7 All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- 5.8 You must pay for such services upon completion by credit card, unless agreed otherwise, in which case the terms would be payment upon receipt of invoice.
- 5.9 If your payment is not received by us under clause 5.68, we may also charge interest on any balance outstanding at the rate of 8 percentage points a year above National Westminster Bank plc’s base rate. Should payment not be made within 7 calendar days of the invoice date, interest will occur from the date following the due date. In addition to this, we will be starting the credit control process as soon as the invoice becomes overdue. Additional charges may be added to your invoice in relation to debt collection if the debt extends past 14 (fourteen days) from the date of the invoice. These charges include, but are not limited to, £25.00 per phone call, £25.00 per email, £25.00 per letter and all other costs incurred, either directly or indirectly, in our collection of any and all outstanding monies, invoices or bills owed by you to Property 247 Solutions. All these charges may attract VAT at the rate chargeable at the time of our collecting the debt from you.
- 5.10. In some circumstances, you may be asked for your bank account details upfront and may be required to authorise us to take payment from your account within 30 days. We will only take this money from your account once you have signed the acknowledgment sheet.
- 5.11 You will be required to make a deposit or prepayment of 50% when quoted works are over £500.00.
- 5.12 The price of the services:
- 5.12.1 is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP)
- 5.12.2 excluding VAT at the applicable rate
- 5.12.3 does not include pre-payments or deposits.
6 Right to cancel this contract
- 6.1 You have the right to cancel this contract within 12 hours (if appropriate) without giving any reason. This does not apply to call out services or pre-booked appointments booked for the same day.
- 6.2 The cancellation period will expire after 12 hours of the conclusion of the contract.
- 6.3 To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You are also able to cancel on the telephone provided that you make this clear. You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
Property 247 Solutions
Email: email@example.com :
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper), Date
[*] Delete as appropriate
6.5 To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
7 Effects of cancellation
- 7.1 If you cancel this contract without any work being carried out, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you except where we are allowed to keep such payments such as where we have started carrying out the services within the cancellation period
- 7.2 We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the days on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- 7.3 We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- 7.4 If a job is cancelled after the 12 hour cancellation period (does not apply for the call out services or pre-booked appointments booked for the same day) or we are unable to attend due to a fault by you, you will be charged the full job amount including any materials that were purchased for the job.
8 Nature of the services
8.1 The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example:
- 8.1.1 the services are carried out with reasonable care and skill
- 8.1.2 you must pay a reasonable price for the services, and no more if you and we haven’t fixed a price for the services, and
- 8.1.3 we must carry out the services within a reasonable time if you and we haven’t fixed a time for the services to be carried out
- 8.2 We must provide you with services that comply with your legal rights.
9 Faulty services
- 9.1 Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of some of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- 9.1.1 visit our webpage: www.purpleplumbingandgas.com
- 9.1.2 contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, or
- 9.1.3 visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06
- 9.2 Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- 9.3 We encourage you to check the service provided to the best of your ability for any defects or discrepancies
- 9.4 Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- 9.4.1 us to repeat the services
- 9.4.2 us to fix the services
- 9.4.3 a price reduction
- 9.4.4 a refund
Please report a fault or defect within a reasonable time after discovery. A representative will then be sent to your premises to undertake their own inspection of the service that was previously provided and resolve the issue.
9.5 We cannot guarantee that gas pipe work will be adequate for the appliance(s) demand(s). We will only be able to ascertain this at the time of testing, unless the quote includes for a new gas run.
10 End of the contract
10.1 If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
11 Limit on our responsibility to you
11.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- 11.1.1 losses that:
- (a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed
- (b) that were not caused by any breach on our part
- 11.1.2 business losses
- 11.1.3 losses to non-consumers
- 12.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- 12.2 If you are unhappy with:
- 12.2.1 the services
- 12.2.2 our service to you generally
- 12.2.3 any other matter
please contact us as soon as possible.
- 12.3 If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- 12.3.1 let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you, and
- 12.3.2 give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider
- 12.4 If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract
- 12.5 Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to this contract
13 Third party rights
13.1 No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract